Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 12

What an amazing day Day 12 was. It was Clayton's last full day and night here in San Miguel so we decided that we needed to do a little shopping and then we rented scooters! I have never really driven a scooter which didn't seem to concern the guys who rented them to us. A helmet and how to use the blinker and we were on our way. Now as you already know these streets here not the easiest thing in the world to traverse. Potholes await you at every turn and the sheer degree of some of this hills is just down right insane. That said, it was maybe one of the best decisions that we have made. Being able to zip around town at your leisure is an amazing experience. The only three problems we encountered were 1. We got lost constantly. 2. I was almost killed when a car passed me and came so close that I thought for sure I was dead. 3. Clayton dumped is bike 2 minutes before we were supposed to return them, but he was fine. It was pretty amazing to see all of the views of San Miguel with such a different perspective. I also got an insane amount of sun so I am a little burned today. After we got back we were both pretty wiped. It had that same feeling of mowing the lawn all day. Even after we got off the scooters we were still vibrating. So we came back and rested went up on the roof and had our Miles, Malbec, Cohibas and drank in the last rays of an amazing two weeks. I still have two days here all by my lonesome so I have to find a way to occupy myself. I think that I am going to do a little more shopping and perhaps take a four-wheeler tour out to the lake! For now there is a book that awaits me and a city that invites me to enjoy it's splendors. Until tomorrow friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment