Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 4

So last night was Claytons birthday as you all may well know if you read yesterday's blog. So we took another little adventure to another part of the city. This time it was to the south side where there were some massive homes. I was kind of blown away at their immensity. It is by far the "rich" part of town so to speak. We finally got some sunshine yesterday as well. We actually broke a sweat walking around but then of course as soon as we decided to pop into a cafe and take a break it started to pour. Not just your typical rain storm. Oh no. We're talking amazon style big fat raindrop Forrest Gump jungle rain. So we did the jump from awning to door way to awning until we were able to find a cab. It' is still pretty amazing that the cabs can get around here on such narrow streets, but when there is also enough runoff that the street has become a river then I'm truly impressed. Lesson learned? Always take an umbrella. We also returned to have dinner at a previous restaurant and yet again the food was outstanding.

In other news we did get a cell phone! If you feel pressed to talk to one of us the number is 011 52 415 151 2861

The Play:
The writing is still going really well. We have basically mapped out the story line and the motivations for all of the characters. Now we just have to connect all of the dots. A little harder said than done but we are about a third of the way through with 8 more days to go before Clayton departs.

Market.
On Tuesday's there is an outdoor market in San Miguel. So all of you who I said that I will be getting something for this is your day. Hopefully there will be a large variety of items to choose from, otherwise you all get Mexican Flags.

Video:
Later on this next week I think that I am going to try and make a short video of the area and post it so keep a look out for that.

Also I haven't forgot about making a posting on the main church. If I get some time today I will make sure that I get that up. Thanks so much for reading!. Until then.

Pictures: The pictures below are from us walking around yesterday. The prehistoric size plant is actually an Aloe plant I think. In some of he pictures you can see the impending rain making its way towards us. My favorite though is the dog that I just fell in love with. Couldn't have asked for a better shot.









1 comment:

  1. Bully for you! Congrats on a fabu start to the process in an amazing setting. Muses to you both!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete